Sunday, June 9, 2013

Theme

HELLO!!!!

My first blog post will be about the theme that this blog will be. But first, an introduction to who I am at the moment. I am currently enrolled at the Los Angeles Film School in the Bachelors for Entertainment Business program. I started this program in March of 2013 after graduating from the Los Angeles Recording School with an Associates in the Recording Arts in February. I also just started an internship with 'Whats Trending' which I will provide a link to on this blog as soon as I figure out how to do that???

So why did I start a blog? I've been wanting to start one for awhile but I found myself using the notes section on Facebook quite a bit so I never started one. That is until this last week when my most awesome instructor for my Entertainment Marketing class made it an assignment. They are really good at this school for setting you up for what it takes to come across as one of those super fancy professional types out there in what I like to call the land with the big fancy sign. Which I think is what I am going to call this blog:

Musings from the Land with the Big Fancy Sign

Perhaps i could add the word 'thang' to the end of that? Since that's my Facebook schtick but I think the writing style with this should be just a tad different from what I do on Facebook since I'm going to make this a lot more public than the FB, and HAY!!! I'm actually using punctuation which I rarely ever do on FB anywayz. And I've actually had people in the business (albeit their mileage in this industry seems to be more of a D-jay making beats variety) delete me on their FB over the use of the word 'thang' because apparently that's not professional. Now I understand why you shouldn't curse on your FB or why you shouldn't  make status updates like "10 minutes till 420" with a big a youtube video about how to roll the biggest joint since Tommy's maui waui in 'Up in Smoke' cause that's really not an image you want to be known for so it's interesting to see how my own FB has transformed in the five years I've had it.

God bless you oh holy time line thang. Crap, I'll work on the thang thing.

So, as this is my first blog and an actual assignment at Mount Super Fabulous (also known as the Los Angeles Film School) the topic of this first post is:

What is the theme of your blog?

And to answer that question I would say the theme will be an almost daily diary of my experience in The Land with the Big Fancy Sign.

You should also expect rants and current news events of the day whether they be political, or religious, that have effected me or continues to effect me in some way so if you happen to be a compassionate religious conservative type lovin' their Fox News this blog is not going to be for you. If you don't believe that every human on the planet does not deserve free health care at the expense of the taxpayer because we're all one on this planet together then this blog is not going to be for you. If you are pro-gun, pro-life, and basically any ideology that keeps us stuck in the dark ages this will blog will not be for you. If you are negative and do not have the ability to see the world from a place of beauty and magnificence on a daily basis then not so much either.

So who am I?

I'm all about positivity and balance and what you put out into the universe will come back to you. I'm also a big believer that this land with the big fancy sign is all about mileage and as my super fabulous instructor told us last week with what networking and what's it's all about here is making it to that three year mileage point because the people that can get you to the next level only want to get you there if they know you will actually be there and if you have the passion to do whatever it takes to get there. And that's where I'm at right now. Year three, since I moved to the land with the big fancy sign.

So, if you want to be a reader into the ride that is my current life, subscribe and follow along, because so far it's been a hell of a ride because I'm not leaving or giving up. To me this life is the air that I breath (I just love the smog so much) and I know exactly the life I left back in the cheese wiz utopia (also known as the painfully horribly pathetically average Wisconsin and all the parts of Illinois I ever lived in like Beloit, South Beloit, and Belvidere, a horrendous life if there ever was one, but more on that later)

So here's to my first blog post

DONE!!!

and now onto blog post part deux . . .

1 comment:

  1. Hey Art, i enjoyed your posting and the use of photos made your page very interesting. the only complaint would be the font color. The background is very cool but with the light red blend makes hard to see. Good job.

    ReplyDelete